2008/03/07

Possible change of direction

It occurred to me, it's something of a failing as a follower of the Common Master (be seated, be seated--it's a title Socrates used to refer to Reason), that this blog named after Lady Sophia is only about pop culture.

So I thought I'd also use it to discuss philosophical ideas as reflected in pop culture. Sure, I'll still have what are basically reviews, like that of Firefly, below (or above--I think that's an option too, but where I sit it's below this one), but I'll also have more general dissections of philosophical thinking (or more typically the lack thereof) as reflected in pop culture. I'll have, you know, discussions of the problem with energy beings in SF shows, or mind uploading, or the whole logical=material nonsense that makes the literate person want to shoot himself (or someone else, actually, in my case).

Very good. Come, let us reason together...and smirk at people who aren't reasoning, especially when they think they are.

1 comment:

King of the Eyesores said...

Reason is the refuge of the logical.