2012/03/31

Glittering Poisonous Tears

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. While I was thinking about all those people saying Hunger Games was a Battle Royale knockoff, it was gnawing at my mind that there was another anime that was more like it.

And then I remembered: Deadman Wonderland. Hey, if nothing else good comes of Hunger Games, at least it might increase the market for that.

I'll see your little mockingjay, buddy-boy, and I'll raise you one woodpecker.

Seriously, who names an albino girl Shiro (white)?

3 comments:

penny farthing said...

That looks boss! Although I gotta say, Hunger Games is pretty awesome - haven't read the 3rd one yet though. Apparently that's when it all goes wrong.

Nicholas D.C. Wansbutter said...

Not being knowledgeable of anime at all, when I saw THE HUNGER GAMES last night, I was thinking halfway through "I liked this better when it was THE RUNNING MAN."

Sophia's Favorite said...

Yes, that comparison has also been made. Also Death Race 2000, although that's as much overpopulation alarmism as it is a satire on the media.